Thursday, October 3, 2013

Materials

Today we discussed various materials and mathematics used in art. What caught my eye today was the use of screws for art. The way that one guy (I don't remember his name :( ) was able mathematically solve where exactly he wanted the screws and just how deep they go in the frame was brilliant. The little writing robot that we saw at the very beginning of class also caught my eye. Jaquet Droz, all I have to say is wow. The mechanical engineering this guy puts into his work is outrageous. I never knew about the little writing robot he made. The robot must have been made with incredible precision. If he was even the slightest hair off in his calculations for his little writer, I would bet money that the robot's writing would look like mine (which is terrible I admit). This guy was a genius, and I feel bad for not knowing about him. I decided to look him up and found a cool little site of him. Here it is.

http://www.jaquet-droz.com/en/node/1801

No comments:

Post a Comment