Monday, September 9, 2013

The Birth and Life of Opera

After watching the video I thought it was cool at how Opera took off just from a small group (the camerotta I think). I also thought it was amusing that when operas were in the experimental stage, they  at weddings and the themes were about "doomed love." Apparently they weren't received well (I wonder why), they did however catch the eye of Duke Vincento Ganzanga and after that they really took off. That was a lucky break for Opera. Operas have come a long way and I can see how they were important. They not only were entertainment, but they allow people to express their views on very big topics. Honestly, I hated operas a couple years ago because I never gave them a chance and didn't understand them. I see now how closed minded I was and can also see that these operas have some pretty interesting stories and messages. If I were to go to one, I would definitely have to look up what it is about, but I think I could tolerate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment